Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Look at my avatar and logo!
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm by Cadaver

» WE BOUGHT A WEBSITE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm by ninja of death

» Back from the Dead (computer)
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm by Cadaver

» Thee Resignation of Phantom Virus...
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm by Cadaver

» I'm back
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 am by Roggle

» HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm by Ergo Proxy

» UCB trotters admin app *Approved
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm by Ergo Proxy

» Logo Poll
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm by Tashiro

» Chalupa-pie's app *Under Review*
So.. What now? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm by Chalupa-pie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
TF2 Server
So.. What now? Blue
CTC Server Chart
So.. What now? Blue
POD Server Chart
So.. What now? Blue
KAT Server Chart
CG Insurgency

So.. What now?

Go down 
+10
JuNk^m@st3r
Nix
yahtzee
Toukun
wholegrain
Juani
Christovski
dirtylaundry022
Wrackem
Pillz
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pillz
KATS Super Admin
Pillz

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 am

Alright. So we have gotten off of our feet and gotten started already. What are our plans from here on out? What are we going to do now? We have learned from the world we once lived in that the goverment we had did not work. Are we going to establish a new one in our new world? If so, do we think we can really cope with the change and the such?

We obviously learned that giving a single person the power to end the world results in the destruction of the land in which he rules. So what precautions are we going to take? What rules are we going to establish? Are we going to have standards? Instead of making one fill out an application, how about we begin just watching them in-game and on the forums, and judging them on their maturity and ability to handle a situation?

Also, are we going to be a community, clan, or group? I view community as a group of people in an area who work together, like a mini democracy. Of course when there are people in charge making the decisions, it doesn't really work out in the end. People having more power than others sort of defeats the purpose, regardless of whether or not they are abusive. The lower ranking people will feel less powerful, and everyone knows that people will look at the higher ranking peoples opinions more than anyone else. If it were a clan or a group, then we could take more of a gamers approach to it. We could perhaps have a clan, where you are allowed to wear the tag, and a group or whatever, where you are just a regular and on the forums and whatnot. People who get into the clan, could receive low admin rank, sort of like donator status back in the old world, so they can help out. They would just have to be judged by the members and if seen fit to join, then they can. If it's just an application that the head admin of a server looks at, then other members may not even know the person exists. This way we could have people who feel useful and have some responsibility on the server, though they don't have the full responsibility of being an admin. Everyone feels that they have to play on the server when they are admin. When people get demoted, they don't play as much because there isn't that responsibility anymore.

This approach would feel a little more "cool" in my opinion, and when people get accepted it will feel like more of an honor to be a part of our world. This could also be the first step to becoming a higher ranking admin. If other players see that the person is a big help and is a useful player, he/she could receive a promotion (if they don't mind). Once again, this should be something discussed amongst us all before happening.

We should also be sure to incorporate a system of Talking to people straight up before demoting them. The most annoying thing in the world is getting demoted without a direct warning. Topspot believed he was doing a great job on the server. He would play in the mornings, and actually got the server going by inviting friends. He had no idea nobody knew who he was and that everyone had a problem with him. Then he was demoted and had no idea why. This seems a little unfair, regardless of what everyone thought of him. He had a good heart and tried his best to be useful and was really determined to help us, and everyone hated his guts regardless. Let's just try to be a little more understanding...

Anyway. Yeah.
Summary = Don't give a single person the power to end the world. Let's change some shit around. Suggestions for shit. Pillz is so kewl.
Back to top Go down
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Fucking a pillz.

also we should probably start making our own forums maybe?
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:28 pm

no, I think we should continue to use this forum, but still have our own section. but, in addition to this one, also only one that KATS can see, and no one else. still through here though, another one would just be too messy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/landry.alex
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Toukun is working on the forum issue, and its most likely not going to be here, so the URL isnt fucking 2 miles long =P Something like KATgaming (or whatever we rename ourselves) is much more managable than telling people our forums are located at "ctcgaming.forumotion.com/kats-gaming-f25/"

And jesus pillz I don't have an hour to read an essay! We're trying to be just a community, democratic, reasonable, what we SHOULD have been before. From the way Touk and people have been talking, its going to be like a council setup, the heads talk with the community to see what people want, we discuss amongst ourselves and vote on things. Deciding on admin ranks is taking a while, because we want as few ranks as possible to cut down on conflict/power struggle and all that bullshit.

Personally I think the problem with your later idea is that there are EXTREMELY few players who would be responsible with admin powers, and the more people with them, the more chance that one could ruin it for everyone. One bad admin could cause tons of people to stop playing out server by creating a bad reputation.

And at least with house, i plan to let people know what is up, no bulshitting, if someones being a prick i will let them know and they keep it up i will bring the friggin hammer down on their ass =P I want this server to be a fun place to play, I'm sick of places full of people who just do nothing but insult everyone and get in arguements.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Double ...

Guys, we have gone through this...FORUM TRAFFIC. I mean, fuck it, if you guys are absolutely determined to make your own forums, GO FOR IT. I can help you with them. But as I said, FORUM TRAFFIC. It will disminish and will prove to be ultimately bad for the joint community. Bah, do whatever you wish to do.

And the URL. I know its long. If you are going to make another free forums, it will be long as this one is. I CAN make it shorter, I CAN delete the "stationforum" crap but that requires MONEY. If you want your own customised URL, you are always going to have to pay. Rememeber that this entire forums are a free service.

AND PLEASE, can you post here: https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com/conjoint-community-preparation-forums-f26/admin-ranks-the-final-t93.htm

I need to know so that I can correctly add the corresponding people.

About the private forums section: I CAN DO IT. I can give only KAT members access to a certain forums. HECK, I can, inside KATS forums, make a trillion sub forums for: Admin Applications, General shit, etc. And I can make them only KATS users visible. But for THAT, I need you to talk to me and so we can set it up. I can also give you guys private Admin forums inside the private KATS community forums.

/ends.
Back to top Go down
https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Juani wrote:
Double ...
And the URL. I know its long. If you are going to make another free forums, it will be long as this one is. I CAN make it shorter, I CAN delete the "stationforum" crap but that requires MONEY. If you want your own customised URL, you are always going to have to pay. Rememeber that this entire forums are a free service.
/ends.

All the more reason we NEED to get those donation boxes ready soon, VERY SOON. I have money to donate it, but no way to donate right now. there's all these people payin for shit by themselves, why... I'm waiting to help out here, just get those things up, and I can start helping with shit like this.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks Laundry, we will try to figure it out. BTW, I saw your post in the POD Forums (EX). IĀ“ll talk to FreeZe about it. Thanks already, even if you change your mind. XD
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 pm

BTW, for a custom domain name, we need 1600 credits which would equal 19.54 US dollars.
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Quote :
Are we going to have standards? Instead of making one fill out an application, how about we begin just watching them in-game and on the forums, and judging them on their maturity and ability to handle a situation?
Maybe a mix of both ctc does both at this moment and it seems to work pretty well. We ask them to apply for admin and then we cross check their steam id on the server and check the groups they are in their friends how they handle situations etc...

For the new site i think something like www.katgaming.com would be great but if we seperate the forums the traffic is going to die for us i know that. So im all in for changing forums as long as (ctc) can come too. I think this forums currently is too ctc oriented. As long as the new forums equally portrays each server in an equal limelight. Also i would expect the servers to put the forum name in their server name. If you can't buy a website i can try to get some ppl to buy one for free (for us they pay though) like my bro or uber whichever.
OR we can pay off these forums and make it less ctc oriented it would require MUCH less work and we wouldn't all have to re register and do the setups. Juani how much would it cost to remove the stationforums? i can get some money for that most likely.

Also quick note these forums are for everyone admin apps section is for all communities that is why in the stickies it always says "which server" and everyone handles their servers differently including rules and so forth. So if someone reports admin abuse on ctc server claire or i would handle it. If someone was door spamming on kats server chris would handle it. ZMBE server would be wrackem. Pod juani and freeze.

Last edited by wholegrain on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 pm

I think to change the actual forums is SO much easier than make a new ones. Just tell me what stuff you would like it to be less CTC Oriented and IĀ“ll change it. For your last question, look at the post above yours.
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:23 pm

20 dollars a month?

Also i don't think anyone should get demoted for simply saying what is on his mind. I haven't gotten rid of an admin just because they pissed me off. I more or less would rebuke them for messing up constantly then would give a final warning that they may lose their admin. I don't think kats is going to have a problem most of you are friends and can get along very well. You are a very close knit community that has lots of doors opening up and you are seizing advantage of them all unlike Sacmo.

Also to address the rank on the forums of admin the community name would be put before each rank since each server has different rank such as CTC vet admin or KAT head admin to avoid confusion.
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Juani wrote:
BTW, for a custom domain name, we need 1600 credits which would equal 19.54 US dollars.

Get me now, while I still have money... just pm me on steam next time you see me to tell me how I can cover that.
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Also 1 way to make this forums less ctc oriented would delete the ctc info bot. make it just a info bot. I think we all kinda agree on the stickies if not feel free to add some more to it.
Back to top Go down
Toukun
KATS Super Admin

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:27 pm

We are going to have some sort of meeting saturday. It'll be open forum. Bring questions.
Back to top Go down
yahtzee
CTC Veteran Admin
yahtzee

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 pm

ill see what i can come up with but thanks for the summary to your essay pillz there is no way i could muster up the attention power to read that whole thing
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm

No Whole, 20 Dollars per year. 20 dollars per month would be a massive rip-off XD.
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 pm

good phew >< got me thinking HOLY SHIT for a moment. That should be easily affordable. We can get ppl to pitch in for that. Ill try to get at least 10 dollars if someone would be willing to cover the other 10
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 pm

I can cover the other 10 whole, just let me know. I'm going to be gone the whole weekend, so I'll tell someone my concerns to bring up on saturday on my behalf.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:29 pm

well also to get forum traffic, we need a URL that isnt so long that people on the servers can remember it and find us after playing! The URL for this board is ridiculously long hence why Touk was looking into getting us our own forums, with links back and forth from everyone else's boards.
Back to top Go down
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:15 pm

well the good thing is if we do end up paying for a domain name. when in google you type liking katsgaming it should go directly to this.
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:28 pm

which is, again, why we need to get up the donation boxes, it would be redundant to have our OWN separate forums form this one. and, it would be less convienent.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Ok. Problem solved. I just need the money. Who can set up a paypal account?
Back to top Go down
Toukun
KATS Super Admin

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:44 pm

I am going to set up the paypal account this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Nix
KATS Super Admin
Nix

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Any notes from discussions or meetings? I'm out in New Mexico right now, and Steam doesn't work on the hotel WIFI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So.. What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. What now?   So.. What now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So.. What now?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Conjoint Gaming Community Forums :: Conjoint Gaming Communites :: KATS Gaming-
Jump to: