Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Look at my avatar and logo!
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm by Cadaver

» WE BOUGHT A WEBSITE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm by ninja of death

» Back from the Dead (computer)
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm by Cadaver

» Thee Resignation of Phantom Virus...
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm by Cadaver

» I'm back
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 am by Roggle

» HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm by Ergo Proxy

» UCB trotters admin app *Approved
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm by Ergo Proxy

» Logo Poll
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm by Tashiro

» Chalupa-pie's app *Under Review*
House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm by Chalupa-pie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
TF2 Server
House Server Staying up? Blue
CTC Server Chart
POD Server Chart
KAT Server Chart
CG Insurgency

House Server Staying up?

Go down 
+5
Christovski
Insanitosis
Juani
Raunky
wholegrain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

House Server Staying up? Empty
PostSubject: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:12 pm

so far from what i know
we have a 25 slot vent
24 slot zps server (ctc)
15 slot zps server (pod)
24 slot zps server (house)
16 slot zm server (factory)
then winteria has some servers apparently or a group
thing is 3 zps servers is a bit much...
so any suggestions on this whole idea because i was hoping the servers would be a bit more spread out. So far 4 servers i know are verified as being in the jcg community or co-op ing but how many servers does winteria own or just 1 l4d server?
Anyways we should also have a discussion about if 1 server were to relocate that we should have a discussion with the server owner(s) and provide suggestions and advice on where to relocate. Also for the list of server owners OR ppl that will be taught the sm stuff on the server are
raunky
juani
freeze
touken
if i am leaving names out please correct me.
Back to top Go down
Raunky
Lonewolf
Raunky

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:42 pm

We could always convert Shack into a different server.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Could TF2 be an option?
Back to top Go down
https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com
Insanitosis
Private
Insanitosis

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:18 pm

or zmbe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Yes shack should be converted it is very fubar and needs reinstall badly.

Once raunky gets me details I will prolly end up running/renaming/fixing/paying for house.

EDIT: I have house up, raunky/will say it is in full KAT custody now so I'm working it over with some help, hopefully tomorrow it will be up to speed

Last edited by Christovski on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more infos)
Back to top Go down
Cadaver
CTC Veteran Admin
Cadaver

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 am

Hmm. This is a great opportunity - a pooling of resources to the benefit of the groups involved... makes one wonder if you can get a "group discount" for hosting...

CTC has a very successful ZPS server - that is apparent, and the reason I am saying this is not to "toot our own horn," but to say I think the success of the CTC server shows a need to keep an additional ZPS server up.

There are several times where CTC members cannot join the CTC server, due to its popularity. Adding additional communities will lead to crossover play (a boon for all communities involved...) which will further increase the demand on CTC's server.

I am wondering if CTC's success could be copied to the House server? If this is possible, then the new group community would have two quality ZPS servers to choose from, and could lead to having 2 top ranked servers...

Just a thought.

Welcome to you all. Glad you are here. Looking forward to the new group community.
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:18 am

I defenitely think that we should convert at least shack. House, not sure on yet. my emotions are conflicted. I think that we should defenitely get the zmbe server back up and running ASAP, as it was doing a fantastic job. I also definitely think that we should get an NS2 server, when that comes out. I would be more willing to donate my money towards that, and my time towards that. Plus, it prob won't come out till after october, which is when I'll have more free time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/landry.alex
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 am

Personally I think NS2 is shite, which is why I was never going to stick with sacmo. ZMBE is what most of us have been thinking for 'shack' so far. We should also not go nuts getting new servers till we get KAT up and running. No need to do what sacmo did and try to have too many mods/servers at once. House will be a zps server, it is installed, just working out bugs with our map selection and some sourcemod commands.

Pillz and I once brought house to be one of the top10 servers tracked by gametracker, and I hope with us being more in control of a server we can repeat that.

The server is down for now as its not fully fixed yet, but for the time being it is called KAT Slaughterhouse

Last edited by Christovski on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm tired and I forgot stuff)
Back to top Go down
flappybob
Lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:01 am

right on convert the shack to zmbe !

but would we still call it the graveyard?
that way all our regulars would realize that its us and come back
Back to top Go down
Insanitosis
Private
Insanitosis

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:04 am

Well TDR has "the graveyard" now, so that won't work unless they drop their server.
Back to top Go down
flappybob
Lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:10 am

darn now we need to have another meeting to brainstorm for names!
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:33 am

Anyways chris if you need help i can help with the house server just doing fix ups that is mainly what i consider myself to be good at. If you want i can throw out some tips on how to make the server popular again because the entire want of the players i think has changed. Also the zmbe server if we put up a 16 slot server for it put the good maps on fix menu put adds and some other stuff on their im sure we will get the players back. I still have a firm belief that only 2 zps servers should remain standing ours (ctc) which quite a few dislike what is on it and the house server perhaps which is non plugin or crazy map oriented. Also i remember hearing that the 3 servers were free from wirs and sacmo. This was a con for my argument to reinvest the shack server.
Back to top Go down
yahtzee
CTC Veteran Admin
yahtzee

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:52 am

yesh
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:51 pm

So its turned out to cost money, $20 a month for all 3 servers ($0.35 per playerslot) which I paid for this month to get everything situated. We're planning out how to deal with the cost but its darn cheap for what we're getting. Just letting people know what the deal is.

Slaughterhouse update: I have it running with all maps, but the sourcemod needs a workover, the menus suck and some commands still don't work, which wholegrain is going to massively help me with. Unless we run into some major problems it will be fully operational soon.
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Hey, if you guys need me to help out with some of the costs, just let me know in advance so I can budget out my earnings a little more, like how much you might need, and by when.

And Chris, I do disagree with you on NS2. I think that when it comes out, if we can get a server up and running during the alpha/beta, and we have a strong enough going community at that time, I think it might be possible to get that going. I think that Slaughterhouse will have enough support for RIGHT NOW, maybe, but we will surely be able to add more admins soon. An early NS2 server will be a good investment if we do it correctly, and I would be able to do more helping out that server starting up when that time comes. But, thats a separate issuse for a different conversation/thread, which will be discussed in the near future, as soon as a release date is set most likely. or mid-october, whichever comes first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/landry.alex
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:12 pm

SLAUGHTERHOUSE NOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. COME ONE COME ALL COME TO GET EATEN BY ZOMBIES NOW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Server Staying up?   House Server Staying up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Server Staying up?
Page 1 of 1