Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Look at my avatar and logo!
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm by Cadaver

» WE BOUGHT A WEBSITE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm by ninja of death

» Back from the Dead (computer)
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm by Cadaver

» Thee Resignation of Phantom Virus...
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm by Cadaver

» I'm back
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 am by Roggle

» HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm by Ergo Proxy

» UCB trotters admin app *Approved
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm by Ergo Proxy

» Logo Poll
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm by Tashiro

» Chalupa-pie's app *Under Review*
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm by Chalupa-pie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
TF2 Server
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Blue
CTC Server Chart
we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Blue
POD Server Chart
KAT Server Chart
CG Insurgency

we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Empty
PostSubject: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:19 pm

basically to those that would pitch in (hopefully)
ivg 25
ctc 25 +20 (money is courtesy of klondor and $5 from proxy)
pod 25
+$5 from a donator

now i think perhaps we should have a meeting sometime this week to discuss the server box and once i get the spes i will post them.
A few problems still persistant is we need to funnel all the money into 1 paypal account perhaps? or before 1 week the server payment is due we start to give it to the server box hoster.

Now to those that donate
pod would get 2 24 slot zps server + kf server ( i think that is what they wanted)
IVG ( still have to consult with epic)
ctc 1 32 slot tf2 server and relocate vent
also i would help assist in setting up the server if requested ( in zps it is a windows server so i would help fix the slay and slap for the pod server)
then we can put up servers for
garrysmod
css
l4d
l4d2
kf
etc...

also for fast download unless you all want to pay some more cash you can use my brothers fast download which is paid for for another 6 months as of last Thursday.

Also to keep a steady revenue coming in to support the server box (it costs $100 on the dot)
we would have to sell a server or 2.

anyways we are now at the point where financially this is possible but i am trying to figure out a plan for us to keep this server box because we are at that stage where now we can be like skg in the sense that we are a constantly growing community but without the
abusive leader
and the lazy people that never wanted to do anything with the server box
Also this is all of our server box 1/3 ctc 1/3 pod 1/3 ivg we have to accomadate each other but i dont think that will be hard since we all seem to get along quite nicely already.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Speaking from POD, I think that we might want to reallocate one of our ZPS servers to another game. But the KF and the 1 ZPS server sounds great.

As a great man once said:

Quote :
Yeah, we know how to kick ass and chew bubblegum, lets do it

Freeze

So, fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 pm

glad hopefully we can have a meeting
leaders of
ctc
pod
ivg
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:33 pm

just bumping this
Back to top Go down
jorgen
POD Regular Admin

Location : a place between 2 smelly large things (seriously u guys know what that might be?)

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:53 pm

do the humpty bumpty`?
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:10 pm

on a one of the quadcore servers
on a xeon 3220 2.4 quadcore
with 4 gigs of ram
and 2x250 gb hds
2tb a month of bandwith
with windows 2003
these are the specs of the server box
also it is 110 a month
i am still considering relocating the zps ctc server to the server box
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:22 pm

the most important thing as of right now is that our financial income needs to be steady
$110 a month
we have a $100 steady give or take plus $20 is being put down for the first month by violent and $20 being offered by klondor (if possible i wont accept donations if i can try to pay for it)
we should have a meeting one of MANY meeting that will determine whether we should get a server box
an upcoming meeting would include a rough draft of what servers would be on the server box who would run those servers and if they can make those servers turn out cash by asking for donations or selling admin or models for money etc...
also we will talk about mainly the financial aspect of the server box
we had a small meeting tonight but still we have much to plan out
like tcadmin would cost 16 dollars a month so serve owners and heads would have to learn about remote desktop
the meeting date isnt set just yet and this is a proposal also
all servers on the server box would get my fast dl (once i figure out how to get another login account so others can access the fast dl to add maps and such)
so far what we could expect to be on the server box would be
l4d2
kf for pod
l4d
dod
zps server
zmbe server

and perhaps another
zps server and zm server
Back to top Go down
klondor_the_destroyer
CTC Super Admin
klondor_the_destroyer

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 pm

I bump lol and whole im willing to pay 40(per each month) for like the first 3 months if need be. If you want I can set up A paypal account for ctc with my info, I would also be able to set up certain people to view and make payments with that information the only thing im hesitant about is Im only willing to let people who are directly involved with finances to be able to access the paypal. I just don't want everyone to have eyes on my account info lol. but again im willing to start a ctc paypal account for the server box if need be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/esplosion
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 pm

that would be great ^^ also it would include
ivg and pod
also really
nobody else cares about this? this is a veryyyyyyyy important topic
i guess nobody cares Sad even though this could make or break this community as being large as skg in terms of servers
Back to top Go down
jorgen
POD Regular Admin

Location : a place between 2 smelly large things (seriously u guys know what that might be?)

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:50 pm

umm sorry but my money limitations prevent me from helping out that and i don't have a paypal account or a mastercard.

in a few months though i would be happy to help out =D
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:06 pm

thing is this is very important as this can make us in the sense expand the community
or if the server box fails im not sure if the ctc zps server can take 2 ip changes
Also it is going to be alot harder but alot more rewarding
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:29 pm

ok he is updateing the server box now
its apparently 10 mbps instead of the 6.66 before and it is capped so we wont get a big fine if we somehow go over it would just cause lag ( this would be like 70+ ppl on all at the same time)

its 4gigs of ram
a Q9550 2.8 quadcore
250 gb hd + 500 gb hd

so this would rule out us buying another $25 of bandwith
however we would need $16 a month on top of the $110 for tcadmin so i am considering putting the ctc zps server on the server box.
which would bring the payment
$20 klondor (+20 a month for 3 months if needed)
$5 proxy
$5 spartan
$25 IVG
$25 pod
$30 ctc zps server
this comes down to $110 on the spot now if Wrackem were to put in his server then we could afford to get the tcadmin.
This deal is getting better and better.
We need to have a very serious discussion this week about this server box so start pondering concerns and benefits and plans of how to maintain and plan this out. Once this server box is up the community is going to get huge with servers.

this server box would host probably these list of servers after a periord of adding servers slowly over a period of 2 weeks
l4d1 server (cg gaming community)
l4d2 server (cg gaming community)
zps server (pod server)
zps server (ctc server)
css or tf2 or dod (ivg server
ventrilo server (cg gaming community)
kf server (cg gaming community +pod server)
zmbe server (cg gaming community)
and perhaps wrackems kat server which would be
zm server (kat community)

all servers would inherit fast download and in order to run the cg gaming community servers head admins will be appointed to oversee the servers
so far and not final it would be something like
zmbe flappybob and insan
if we dont use too much bandwith we can put our servers up in other mods such as aoc, insurgency, and tf2

this may just be one of our most defining moments

meeting also will be this wednesday at 4 PM eastern time EVERYONE who is involved MUST PARTICIPATE we need to make sure everyone is on board
Back to top Go down
klondor_the_destroyer
CTC Super Admin
klondor_the_destroyer

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 pm

it will be 1 pm(4pm et) for me on wed and ill be there, im very interested!! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/esplosion
jorgen
POD Regular Admin

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:09 am

so who needs to enter the chat? all the admins or just the donators?

i am still sorry i can't donate anything but my age limits me in Norway u cannot have a paypal accoun without ur parents allowing it (as they would never..)
only 5 months and i am 18 =D XD
Back to top Go down
atemnaru
Community Admin
atemnaru

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:26 pm

yo whole its tommorow tell us who is invited and where it will take place(steam, forum chat).
Back to top Go down
http://innovativegaming.co.nr
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:29 pm

all are welcome more the better but i damn sure hope some of those that are putting finances into this will show up
hopefully those from pod
ctc
ivg
This is pretty serious stuff because if we play around with this then we wont ever get anywhere as a community and if we bought the server box and lets say 2 ppl dropped out from paying then the next month we are fucked.

also the meeting will take place in the cggaming steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/conjointgaming

also i hope ppl do show up because im turning down an a chance to smoke with friends tommorow after school.
Back to top Go down
jorgen
POD Regular Admin

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:03 pm

look on the bright side less smoke in ur lungs and less risk for lung cancer XD
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

haha true also i moved this to the announcement section because this is really big this should get us like 3x the amount of servers we have now
Back to top Go down
atemnaru
Community Admin
atemnaru

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm

what time? tell us what timezone and give a website with the time zone to follow
Back to top Go down
http://innovativegaming.co.nr
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm

look on the cggaming steam page look in the events it auto adjusts to your timezone.
it is 4 pm EASTERN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting   we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we have the money for a server box now but i think we should have a meeting
Page 1 of 1