Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Look at my avatar and logo!
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm by Cadaver

» WE BOUGHT A WEBSITE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm by ninja of death

» Back from the Dead (computer)
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm by Cadaver

» Thee Resignation of Phantom Virus...
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm by Cadaver

» I'm back
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 am by Roggle

» HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm by Ergo Proxy

» UCB trotters admin app *Approved
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm by Ergo Proxy

» Logo Poll
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm by Tashiro

» Chalupa-pie's app *Under Review*
Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm by Chalupa-pie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
TF2 Server
Steam Fail. Blue
CTC Server Chart
Steam Fail. Blue
POD Server Chart
Steam Fail. Blue
KAT Server Chart
CG Insurgency

Steam Fail.

Go down 
+4
TheBusOfTheUndead
yahtzee
Juani
Christovski
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:52 pm

So my steam is being retarded, telling me Zombie Panic Source is "unavailable, try again at a nother time" even though it's 100% loaded. Yes, I have tried restarting steam, my computer, and defragging and verifying game files.

Until this is fixed I can't play on the Slaughterhouse, but I'll be keeping tabs on it through rcon at least.
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:32 pm

That is odd. I happen to have the same problem at times. What fixes the problem for me is switiching from "My Games" to "Community" and then to "My Games" again. The steam application kind of locks up and after some little time, "My Games" opens up again and this time the games works. Don´t know, but this works for me, I´m skeptical about it working for you but it wouldn´t hurt to give it a try. Steam can be pretty annoying at some instances.
Back to top Go down
https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Tried it but nothing, its affecting any game I have that uses the source engine, from Portal to TF2 to all the HL2s
Back to top Go down
yahtzee
CTC Veteran Admin
yahtzee

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:10 pm

RE- install it bro
Back to top Go down
TheBusOfTheUndead

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Try deleting the file ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam directory and restarting Steam.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:29 pm

That worked last time I had steam problems, sadly I just tried it and it didn;t do the trick. Does anyone know if all source-using-games use HL2 as a base? Cause I could try reinstalling that and seeing if that fixes the issue. I can play any other game on steam that DOESNT use source, like bullet candy or iFluid.
Back to top Go down
Cadaver
CTC Veteran Admin
Cadaver

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:45 pm

just delete ZPS - download a new copy and install - that should fix the problem...
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:39 am

It is not only ZPS. It is all games that use the source engine. Hence why I'm asking who knows what game local content contains it so I can see about getting a proer update or having a full reinstall of it.
Back to top Go down
TheBusOfTheUndead

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am

Here's another thing to try. In Steam click the file menu, settings and then the downloads tab. Change your download region to some random foreign area and click ok. Restart Steam and then try starting up ZPS. Now set the download region back to whatever your old location was and restart Steam again.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 pm

still nothing =(
Back to top Go down
TheBusOfTheUndead

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Try deleting everything in your steam directory except for Steam.exe and the /SteamApps folder.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 am

nope, it reDLed all the files and opened, but still wouldnt play any source games, i think its pretty safe to say as i thought there is SOMETHING mysteriously wrong with my source engine, so if anyone knows in which game's local files it resides whether its hl2 or the newest episode since it upgraded to orange box engine, I can try reinstalling that.
Back to top Go down
JuNk^m@st3r
KATS Regular Admin
JuNk^m@st3r

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Did u try uninstall EVERYTHING and delete ur steam folder, then DL steam and reDL all the games? i know it takes damn long but its worth a try if u havent done it yet..
Back to top Go down
Raunky
Lonewolf
Raunky

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Or go into your main Steam folder and delete ClientRegistry.blob.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Raunky, you missed that that was the first thing Bus had me do =P Read before you post ^^

I went to reinstall HL2 since that would be the core of the issues, and now i have to wait.

"Steam-error The Steam servers are too busy to process your request, please try again in a few minutes"

Steam always finds ways to remind me why it isn't cool.
Back to top Go down
TheBusOfTheUndead

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm

It might be time to just uninstall and reinstall everything like JuNk^m@st3r said. I would back up your whole steam folder somewhere in case this doesn't fix it so you don't have to re-download everything. Next uninstall Steam completely. Then reinstall and try downloading just ZPS and see if it works.
Back to top Go down
JuNk^m@st3r
KATS Regular Admin
JuNk^m@st3r

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Ya, backup forgot that one Thx Bus, no need to reDL everything if Zps doesnt work, hope u get it fixed Chris
Back to top Go down
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 pm

then its steam keep all your download files like zps and any other game you wanna keep in a different file then delete steam alltogether reinstall it and then put your games back in the sourcemod file.

but you will have to redownload hl2 and and reinstall that or just reinstall counter strike source or day of defeat source and then it should work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steam Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Fail.   Steam Fail. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam Fail.
Page 1 of 1