Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Look at my avatar and logo!
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm by Cadaver

» WE BOUGHT A WEBSITE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm by ninja of death

» Back from the Dead (computer)
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm by Cadaver

» Thee Resignation of Phantom Virus...
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm by Cadaver

» I'm back
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 am by Roggle

» HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm by Ergo Proxy

» UCB trotters admin app *Approved
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm by Ergo Proxy

» Logo Poll
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm by Tashiro

» Chalupa-pie's app *Under Review*
Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm by Chalupa-pie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
TF2 Server
Custom Crosshairs Blue
CTC Server Chart
Custom Crosshairs Blue
POD Server Chart
Custom Crosshairs Blue
KAT Server Chart
CG Insurgency

Custom Crosshairs

Go down 
+4
wholegrain
yahtzee
JuNk^m@st3r
[Legends]Ian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
[Legends]Ian
Lonewolf
[Legends]Ian

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 am

In this post you will learn how to
A) Set up a new crosshair for zp
B) Create your own custom crosshairs

Changing your crosshair
Adding a new crosshair to zps is actually fairly simple. First of all what you need to do is get a new crosshair by making your own or getting one off the internet. At end of post ill leave a link with a couple half decent crosshairs not made by me though. What you need to do once you have your crosshair file is to make sure its a right one. Alls you got to do is make sure the extension is .ttf (true type font) and was made for hl2. Once you have your crosshair file you go to your steam folder located in your program files for xp (may be different in vista). Once there you will follow this order of folders to end up in a resource folder. Steam\steamapps\(your account login)\zombie panic! source\hl2\resource . Once there you will see a bunch of .ttf files. What you want to do here is only delete halflife2.ttf. Dont worry if you accidently delete something wrong or dont like the crosshair you picked, there is a easy way to restore defaults. Once you delete it you are going to want to replace it with the new crosshair file that u have. If it does not have halflife2 as its filename it must be changed to it or else it wont work. Once its there you rightclick and click properies. At the bottom of properties page beside attributes, click the checkbox for read only. Now click ok and your set. That last step is crucial or else you will have the game overwriting the file with its default crosshairs. Now your done. If your never happy with what you got, change it to a new one or just un check readonly box and it will set it back to default.
**Edit** Be aware that some of the crosshairs could be outdated and not work, i know for sure #1 in tht pack works though

NeoAssassin's crosshairs = http://www.filefront.com/14368607/crosshairs.rar/
Making your own crosshair
Ok here you will get a step by step process on how to make a basic dot crosshair to your screen.
And pictures are included =P.
First off you want to learn what things are in program. When you load your crosshair file you will see something like this.
Custom Crosshairs Glyphs
This is what we call the glyph page. It contains various text files that would be used in the game, but we are only going to worry with the one labled Q. This is where you will be placing your new crosshair. double click q to open up a editing page for it. right when you do you should have something like below except with 4 dots. What you first do is clear out whats there by clicking button showed in image. Then re aligning the axis like shown in image. Once youve done these its time to make your crosshair.
Custom Crosshairs Tutorial1
Now you can folow what im doing or make your own if you want. First you take the circle tool and place it in the center shown in image above. Im not 100% sure if it matters but thats way alot were done. If you are unhappy with size uve done u can always resize it later. Rember anything you do in here is alot smaller in game so usually better off to go big.
Custom Crosshairs Tutorial2
Wow wasnt that easy. Now alls you do is save and follow the previous steps to chnaging it in. Dont forget read only it or u lose all your hard done work. In future ill post more harder ones to do like the crosshair i made in pack below.

When you get more used to how the program works you can make something like this. Alls it is is 2 circles 1 thn a overlaping 1 tht makes the inside of the first 1 hollow. Then just a bunch of lined up lines.
Custom Crosshairs 007
If you would like a crosshair customly made for your screen message me via steam and can work something out for it

Heres a couple i threw together = http://rapidshare.com/files/286697561/IansCursors.zip.html

Last edited by [Legends]Ian on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
JuNk^m@st3r
KATS Regular Admin
JuNk^m@st3r

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:08 am

This is just awesome, the standart crossair Sucks.. Need to try this xD Thx
Back to top Go down
yahtzee
CTC Veteran Admin
yahtzee

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 am

its a .rar file? u sure it will work?
Back to top Go down
JuNk^m@st3r
KATS Regular Admin
JuNk^m@st3r

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:58 am

its 10 crossairs packed in rar, unpack and u got the .ttf files and they work for me xD Its awesome, now i just need a app that can make .ttf files so i can make my own Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 am

yea i remember this stuff from back when negative existence was with us and our server he first told me about this it didnt work as a zombie and the crosshair he gave me was a bit to thick i thought. Also 10 crosshairs? good job ian that is a good selection i might as well dl this and try them out
Back to top Go down
Whargoul
Private
Whargoul

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Crosshairs are for n00bs!
Back to top Go down
[Legends]Ian
Lonewolf
[Legends]Ian

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Custom Crosshairs KADAR-1
newest one to the collection
Back to top Go down
JuNk^m@st3r
KATS Regular Admin
JuNk^m@st3r

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:56 am

lokking godd, btw what app are u using for making em?
Back to top Go down
[Legends]Ian
Lonewolf
[Legends]Ian

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:53 pm

high-logic font creator. Couldn't find no free programs to do it so had to find a free ver of tht
Back to top Go down
JuNk^m@st3r
KATS Regular Admin
JuNk^m@st3r

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:12 am

Thx, allready found it, just need to figure out how to use Razz
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:14 am

Sorry for thread necromancy, but while I have an improved crosshair, is there ANY way to change the color? All I found was how to do it in HL2DM and that method didnt work for zps. =/

I'm sick of my crosshair dissappearing cause theres white shit EVERYWHERE in this game!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jorgen
POD Regular Admin

Location : a place between 2 smelly large things (seriously u guys know what that might be?)

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 am

hahaha that sounds like a real problem XD
Back to top Go down
[Legends]Ian
Lonewolf
[Legends]Ian

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 pm

No i have messed with all of the files to find out that zps has custom content disabled and you are unable to edit the files to change the colours. i usually find having a bigger crosshair makes it disapeer less
Back to top Go down
[ZPS] WEB
CTC Regular Admin
[ZPS] WEB

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I have changed the colors before. I posted it in the old forums. Give me a while to find the how to.

See (NOT MINE) -> https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img412/1599/crosshairpicmf8.png
Back to top Go down
[Legends]Ian
Lonewolf
[Legends]Ian

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 pm

thats on old zps, i had colors changed to but they fixed the way to do it a while ago
Back to top Go down
[ZPS] WEB
CTC Regular Admin
[ZPS] WEB

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Still semi works. I still forget the how to but it has to do with a file in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\######\zombie panic! source\zps\materials\sprites

Just took a picture.
Custom Crosshairs Hl22009-12-1119-25-40-39
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Crosshairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Crosshairs   Custom Crosshairs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Crosshairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: CG General Section :: General Discussions-
Jump to: