Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Look at my avatar and logo!
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm by Cadaver

» WE BOUGHT A WEBSITE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm by ninja of death

» Back from the Dead (computer)
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm by Cadaver

» Thee Resignation of Phantom Virus...
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm by Cadaver

» I'm back
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 am by Roggle

» HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm by Ergo Proxy

» UCB trotters admin app *Approved
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm by Ergo Proxy

» Logo Poll
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm by Tashiro

» Chalupa-pie's app *Under Review*
Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm by Chalupa-pie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
TF2 Server
Admin Ranking Blue
CTC Server Chart
Admin Ranking Blue
POD Server Chart
Admin Ranking Blue
KAT Server Chart
CG Insurgency

Admin Ranking

Go down 
+5
Juani
yahtzee
wholegrain
Christovski
dirtylaundry022
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Okay, so I just want to know about admin ranking, assuming that slaughterhouse is up now, and once we convert shack into zmbe. How are we going to determine admin ranks, heads are kind-of obvious. But, what are our ranks going to be, and what determines them, for example if we are going to use similar ranks to ctc's, the new one they are considering. How are we going to determine Supers, should we have them idk, vets and basic admins? Or, are we going to have an entirely different system of admins? I don't know if this was discussed at the meeting, as I have not received the notes yet, but if anyone had any ideas on this, I would like to hear it, as this is something I have been thinking about since yesterday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/landry.alex
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:01 pm

I would think we just have something like: trial, donater, full, head, owner, community or something liek a super admin, someone whose admin across the servers. We need to all chime and sort through ideas to come out with the best solution
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 pm

too many ranks causes stress that is my arguement against this because it makes one more aspect of managing a server that can cause drama. I think maybe just the ranks should be
trial - being trusted to show how good you can be with admin
regular -being admin for maybe a month and having a good record
vet - admins being admin for a long time and a good record
full - head admins, server techs.
The use of too many ranks of admins is kinda useless.
Also this is a rough draft i just slapped it together so feel free to suggest other forms of how to rank admins
Back to top Go down
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:38 pm

for vet though, what is a long time?
Back to top Go down
yahtzee
CTC Veteran Admin
yahtzee

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:40 pm

well *cough* *blarrg* mee ya old whipper snapper

well there be scrabble i love scrabble
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:47 pm

yeah i would also agree on few ranks, i agree with you there wholegrain, its just a matter of making it work
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:59 pm

I know its hard to make all the communties agree on such a point but I have done and redone and deleted and modified the admin ranks quite a bit of times and I would like to have a final here.

How about:

Super Admin (All Servers), Head Admin, Veteran Admin (Co-Head Admin), Full Admin and Trial Admin.

This ranks would serve as a general notion. Then, I could specify the particular group and the particular game. Like this:

CTC ZPS Head Admin, POD ZPS Veteran Admin, II L4D Full Admin, KATS ZMBE Trial Admin, etc.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com
dirtylaundry022
CG Donator
CG Donator
dirtylaundry022

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 am

I think thats a great idea. I don't get ur vet ranking though, is it experienced full admins, or co-head(s), or both. And, we still need to determine how long of service makes a vet admin. but otherwise, these rankings sound good to me.
Back to top Go down
Nix
KATS Super Admin
Nix

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 am

I thought that we were simplifying the admin ranks, as to cut ot things like veteran, super veteran, retired, etc.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 am

Yeah, and each server is going to have 2 heads, or at least that was the plan. I think it would be kinda unfair to have a different rank for one of them. All we really need is like a council-level rank for those of us who are in charge of the servers, those in charge of the community, and the tech administrator position, with different names but same 'rank' kinda deal. Then there are full and trial, and then I've heard word of a donator kinda thing where they have very low level and can only do a few commands and only do it to themselves.

The less 'ranks' or people above other people, the more the community will feel like a community and not a hierarchy.
Back to top Go down
Toukun
KATS Super Admin

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:45 pm

If you want the full message of ranking system it should go like this.
Trial
Regular
Head (2 per server.)

Subject to change, but not by much.
Back to top Go down
Raunky
Lonewolf
Raunky

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Then what are the people who have access to all servers supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 pm

well then have one in addition to that that is same rank but access on all KAT servers rather than just the one server, called like community head admin or something
Back to top Go down
Toukun
KATS Super Admin

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Christovski wrote:
well then have one in addition to that that is same rank but access on all KAT servers rather than just the one server, called like community head admin or something
We could add that, but we wanna try to limit it so theres not terribly many ranks.
Back to top Go down
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 pm

call them. Leader Admin? or Super admin? Community Admin?
i dont think they should be called community head admins because that sounds two steps above heads.
Back to top Go down
Toukun
KATS Super Admin

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:00 pm

We'll discuss it at the meeting Sat.
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Anyways quickly i dont think really many people should have access to any of the servers you choose 1 server tech lets say and give them access. Too much access to TOO many servers is a security leak waiting to happen i consider. Overall we are all a council so i mean would a few of us bestow a few ranks such as lets say chris for instance pays and owns the slaughterhouse server. That makes him an owner. He also is in the council i think which i guess nobody is really in or out of the council in fact i don' t know who is in the council. Point is he would be owner and im guessing super admin (super = being in council and looking at the bigger picture to forward the community) Now we all don't really need to be honey dipping into each others servers. Most reasons others have access is for help that is fine if another head or owner comes along and wants to help. I think if a problem persists lets say raunky can't figure out why factory isn't coming back online. Lets say p90 is his server tech he goes to him if not avaliable or can't figure it out then you try another server tech also works in vice versa (i dont know it he does it im not avaliable and he is go to him etc...)
I don't think really the idea of cross server admin is to practical. The reason i say it isn't practical is in my opinion the rules differ slightly on each server so an admin would punish differently. For example lets say joe lets call him he is admin on the slaughterhouse the rule there is ban anyone that door blocks. Now he comes to pod server because someone said somebody was door blocking and he bans the person. Now lets say the that isn't against the rules to do that on the pod server. This may ignite a conflict and/or drama (really the same thing). The other side of the arguement is what if the admin is really good why not let him be admin on the other servers?
I know it is a real bitch to read when i type but hopefully you can read this without killing yourself
Back to top Go down
Juani
Forum Master
Juani

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:04 pm

A Council sounds...interesting...

Muahah
Back to top Go down
https://ctcgaming.forumotion.com
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Ok yeah we should just keep the communities to them selfs but lets take

advantage of this moment has a conjointed community and help train

admins to be techys. so we can have one techy per server now this admin

should be selected by dedication, experience, and rank. rank goes with

dedication because the longer you have been here the better we know you will

stick around to use the training to further the community. now a techy has

to get confirmation by the head before he does anything. now im looking

for sites that have a guide to being a server techy. that way explaining to

a techy on how to do things goes smoother.
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Well wholegrain what this whole discussion is about is KAT server admins.

When i mentioned having admin over multiple servers im talking about KAT's 2 servers.

None of this has to do with POD or CTC, this is just how KAT is going to be run. The forum community will be combined, but the admins of each group are remaining in thir respective groups.

I repeat, KAT is trying to figure out our admin structure here, and doesn't really have anything that affects the other groups in this partnership, this is just our group deciding our organization.
Back to top Go down
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 pm

should post this in our section of the forums
Back to top Go down
Christovski
KATS Super Admin
Christovski

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:44 pm

KATS gaming forum IS the KAT gaming section of the forum x_x
Back to top Go down
wholegrain
CTC Owner
wholegrain

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

yea ok chris mah bad it was more of a rant 0_o
2 ppl talking then i walk in out of no where raging that obama stole my money and the walking away.
i didnt look at the section this was posted in
Back to top Go down
Wrackem
Private
Wrackem

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 pm

oooo lol i thought this was in general forum section haha
Back to top Go down
Toukun
KATS Super Admin

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:51 pm

As I said, it will be discussed all in good time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Admin Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Ranking   Admin Ranking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admin Ranking
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next